Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CP1515n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whilst I was trying to update my CP1515n firmware my PC threw a fit and I had to do a system restore which remove my printer driver (and much else!).

When I tried to power up my printer it would not come up into the ready state. The red and green lights were on but all the control buttons were not functioning so could not seen any menus. Have since swopped out the FW and DC controller boards (on the right hand side) and the high voltage board (on the left hand side). The printer starts to fire up but only gets as far as displaying  2 right pointing chevrons  on the LCD panel and then stops. NB: Previously it would progessively display right pointing chevrons: 2 initially, then another 2 and finally another 1 and then the green (Ready) light would come on.

Have tried all the tips about switching it off/on, removing power cords, etc., etc.

Any suggestions or ideas on the possible causes/defects would be more than welcomed.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

FW board, do you mean the formatter? That is the likely culprit of a no start and it sounds like the firmware on the board was probably corrupted by the interrupted update. If you have not replaced the formatter with a known good one that is your next step.  If you have, check all the cabling to ensure everything is plugged in correctly

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi Repairatrooper, Many thanks for responding so quickly: much appreciated.

By FW I meant the firmware board. Its the smaller board on the RHSof the printer. I have replaced it with a known good board but the problem is still the same. Have also done the same for the DC controller board. Same result.

The odd thing about the problem is that the printer was working fine before I attempted the firmware update. I can't understand how the failed firmware update can have caused a hardware failure even though I switched the printer off whilst  I was going through the system restore.

Is there any information available that would help me check the start up process? I've look at the service manual but that only shows what happens when a print process starts.

Thanks again for your attention and consideration.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.