Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CP3525n
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have just tried to print something from the internet, and my printer crashed giving me the following error message (49.4C02 error), and saying to switch off and on. I have done this several times now, and I have even tried a firmware update, but nothing has happened. I have seen on one of the forums somebody else had a similar problem, but there is not a solution recorded, it just talks of getting a private message to sort this out. Can someone help me?

reggie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found this for you:

It is most likely caused by a print job, so the first thing you need to do is to delete any jobs in your print queue.

One way to determine if its a job is to power off the printer disconnect whatever cable you have it connected to the outside world by and then power it back on and see if you still get the message.

If the printer goes to a ready state with the cable disconnected, then print any internal test page, if it works it's probably a job.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/ERROR-CODE-49-4C02/td-p/5430019

-- ReverseTalk
I work on behalf of HP.
Click the thumbs up + button to thank me. Mark Accepted Solution if I solved your inquiry.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I found this for you:

It is most likely caused by a print job, so the first thing you need to do is to delete any jobs in your print queue.

One way to determine if its a job is to power off the printer disconnect whatever cable you have it connected to the outside world by and then power it back on and see if you still get the message.

If the printer goes to a ready state with the cable disconnected, then print any internal test page, if it works it's probably a job.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/ERROR-CODE-49-4C02/td-p/5430019

-- ReverseTalk
I work on behalf of HP.
Click the thumbs up + button to thank me. Mark Accepted Solution if I solved your inquiry.
HP Recommended

Hi!

This error can be caused by corrupted print jobs, software applications issues,
non-product specific printer drivers, poor-quality USB or network cables,
bad network connections or incorrect configurations, invalid firmware operations, or unsupported accessories.
1. Turn the product off and then on
2. If the error returns, the error might be caused by a network connectivity problem, such as a bad interface cable, a bad USB port, or an invalid network configuration setting.
3. If the error returns, the error might be caused by the print job, such as an invalid printer driver, a problem with the software application, or a problem with the file you are printing.
4.if the error returns, upgrading the product firmware might help resolve the error.
5.If the error still persists after performing the previous applicable steps, contact an HP-authorized service or support provider.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Thumbs Up icon in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution
HP Recommended

Hello,

Unfortunatley a 49.4c02 error can be caused by any number of things.  The most common reason is that the document you are trying to print contains some data that the printer is unable to interpret.

If the issue is happening continuously, the job you tried to print is most likely still in the print queue.

This document walks through cancelling the job in the queue.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-color-laserjet-pro-m452-series/7326532/document/c03939949

If the document you are trying to print is a PDF, then you can try downloading it first and printing from a PDF application like Adobe Reader.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.