Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet CP5525
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi

I have strange problem with CP5525, I need to replace print cartridge but I cannot open the front door. I can move the front door only about 4-5 cm (measured at top side) and then it stops. I have experience with many HP printers, and the front doors always open without using any strong force. I have here also CP3525dn, which looks very similar (except it is only A4) and it is extremly easy to open front doors, no force needed.

One time I had similar problem with HP LaserJet CM2320fxi. In that case, front door couldn’t open as well (but it moves much more, probably to half of the distance) it stuck at half and when I used more force, the plastic hinge broken. Then, obviously, front door did open but I couldn't get out the cartridge slot, so it had to go to service and they told us, that it is not worth to repair. In that case it was old printer which had many other problems, so it was not that much of a problem.

But in case of CP5525, it is very expensive printer and only A3 printer here, so this time, I want to be much more careful. And one strange thing, first time I want to check toners was, when I noticed, that it is some problem with printing blue color. So I did the internal print quality check and noticed, that paper number 3 which supposed to be all blue is completely white except of couple of squares and lines, also one page should by half yellow half green but both was completely yellow. So in the manual, it stated that in this case, it should be a problem with cyan cartridge. Then when I want to check the cyan cartridge, I realize, that I cannot open the front door. I don’t know if it can cause the front door stuck, or if this two issues are somehow connected, but I rather mention it.

Also I have to point out, that this is first time I wanted to open the front door on this particular printer, so I don’t know if it is normal for this printer, that the front door is so hard to open.

So please, can you help me, what can I do with it? If it can be something wrong with the printer, that prevent the front door to open?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for reply and I am really sorry that I didn't replied, but I was busy that time and forgot that I posted these question here.
The fact is, that fortunately the printer was OK, the doors only stucked a little, I don't know why, maybe some toner stick on the mechanism, who knows.
Anyhow, I solved it by slowly moving the doors forward-backward and the doors moved more and more until it finaly open.
After this process, the door open as normal and there is no problem with them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

it should not be difficult to open that door, to answer one question.  There are effectively 2 "doors", the outter, front door and the inner cover which is attached to it.  I've had to replace broken hinges on this model before, my guess would be thats your issue.  Perhaps a broken hinge that is jammed into place.  

HP Recommended

Thank you for reply and I am really sorry that I didn't replied, but I was busy that time and forgot that I posted these question here.
The fact is, that fortunately the printer was OK, the doors only stucked a little, I don't know why, maybe some toner stick on the mechanism, who knows.
Anyhow, I solved it by slowly moving the doors forward-backward and the doors moved more and more until it finaly open.
After this process, the door open as normal and there is no problem with them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.