Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can not add MFP to DSS

DSS 5.09x
Microsoft Windows Server 2012

I have a M577 that I cannot add to the DSS.  Others connect just fine.  This one particular device was once on the DSS and removed in order to reset and add again.  For some reason, it is not allowing me to auto-find it.  I can enter the IP and add it to the list of devices.  When I click OK, the system attempts to add it but does not show up on the devices tab.  There are extra licenses available for use, so I am not sure what the issue is.  I can remove and add one of the other MFPs without issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Professor
Professor
2,028 1,772 162 316
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can not add MFP to DSS

Any chance it was not deleted properly from DSS and it does not want to allow a duplicate address?

Find this information helpful? Please click Kudos or tag as solution. I am not an employee of HP but a current field service tech with 20+ years real world experience troubleshooting and fixing HP Imaging hardware.
0 Kudos
strozierga Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can not add MFP to DSS

That may be possible.  I am not sure how to improperly delete it from DSS.  The device was removed, IP changed, and I tried to reconnect it.  When the old ID remained registered, I changed the IP address back to the old IP.  Now the device will not allow me to add it again (i.e. use a license).  I can remove the other devices and the license count changes accordingly.

0 Kudos
strozierga Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can not add MFP to DSS

Problem is solved.  After performing a full factory reset, the device is able to be found by the DSS.  I am not sure what caused this, but this helped.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation