Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
MacBook Pro
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Since upgrade to Mac OS 10.15 Catalina, my hp laserJet Pro MFP M227 will not connect. any solution

Thanks

Raymond

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Raypro, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand you have connectivity issues with your printer and the computer. To provide you with an accurate solution, I'd like to know the following-

• Is there any antivirus software installed on your computer?
  • Is there any error message when you try to print?
  • How is the printer connected to the computer?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi TEJ1602

First everything was ok till I upgraded to Catalina on my MacBook Pro. 

There is no antivirus installed

When I tried to print after Catalina, there was some indications about unable to connect to the printer, or the printer is off the line

The printer was connected WIFI

I tried deinstalled and now unable to reinstall it, although the printer is detected, my Macbook cannot complete the installation showing a message: unable to verify the printer on the network.

I am told Catalina will not connect to old HP printer but mine is Oct 2018 ????? and HP doesn't seem to have a way to adjust.

Maybe you can help

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Raypro,

Thanks for replying!

Follow the steps below and see if that helps.

Ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with its software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer firmware and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

Remove and add the printer

Click the Apple menu, and then select System Preferences.

Depending on your operating system version, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.

Click the name of your printer, click the Minus sign, and then delete the printer.

Select printer and click the minus sign

Click the Plus sign, and then click Add Printer or Scanner.

Click the Use or Print Using box, and then select AirPrint

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

Click Add to add the printer to the list.

Try to print.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi again TEJ

thanks for the suggestions.

I did tried to update from printer as there is no connection to my MacBook.

got through an app Google drive or something like that, and followed the instructions. 

got a file named.  HPSCAN-0111000751 with a prompt to scan,

Tried several times but no success.

the answer is always 

TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER..

Again my printer is connected to the network and is working well with my iPad and Iphone as well as my HP Pavilion G6 note book.

Running out of options.

I was told by HP care help that to get a diagnostic I will have to pay some fee, without knowing if that would cure at all. I am not please with that kind of reception as I might as well buy a brand new Brother (this time) for probably the same (fee) money.

your take...

HP Recommended

@Raypro, thank you for the response.

To know how to update the printer firmware from the printer control panel, kindly refer to page 127 of the user manual.

Also, make sure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network. Either 2.4GHz or 5GHz network. 

To check the connectivity between the printer and the MAC, perform a PING test

1. Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the Wireless icon on the printer
  2. On the MAC Go to Spotlight > search for Network utility > select Ping tab > enter the IP address of the printer in the box
  3. Check the second box that says Send only > 10 pings
  4. Click on ping > Check the results at the end if any packets are lost
  5. Note: There should be 0% packet loss, share the results in your next post.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.