Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro MFP M283fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased and installed today a new Laserjet Pro MFP M283fdw. Everything works fine. However I cannot find the Economode setting anywhere. It is not in the usual place (Printer Setting- Paper/Quality). Does anybody know where it is?

I am working on Windows10 with Word. I also cannot find in the Webpage through HP Smart.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I suggest that you try installing HP Universal Print Driver V7.0 as it seems to offer more features than the discrete driver that is offered with many Pro products.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @RobM100,

I'd like to help!

Follow the instructions to turn the Econo mode -

1.From the software program, select the Print option.

2. Select the printer, and then click the Properties or Preferences button.

3. Click the Paper/Quality tab.

4. Click the EconoMode check box.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.

On the Paper/Quality tab is no check box for Economode quality.

It is just not anywhere to be found in the Printer Properties.

There is also nothing on the printer's Webpage.

According to the HP specs for this printer the Economode  should be available for this printer.

I have contacted HP Support but they had no solution.

[Personal Information Removed]

• Productnr: 7KW75A
  • Productdescrition: HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fd

I assume I need a different (older?) Printer Driver that has the Economode function.

Can you suggest another one?

HP Recommended

I suggest that you try installing HP Universal Print Driver V7.0 as it seems to offer more features than the discrete driver that is offered with many Pro products.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks. This driver works great and enables Economode.

I appreciate your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.