Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M177fw Laserjet printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am unable to install an HP Laserjet printer M177fw , wireless connection, to my notebook. PRODUCT NOT FOUND

- Notebook runs windows 7 home, 64 bit

- Downloaded full software and drivers from HP site

- Old installation was removed

. Both Symantec and Windows firewall are disabled

. Both devices ARE on the same network

- Network check on printer ran OK

Router is a TP Link Archer VR1200v

- Tried several installations automatic; giving IP address of printer or giving Hardware address. I endter also manually SSID and password. Product not found in all cases

- Tried HP Doctor help program. It also does not find the printer. It however confirmed both firewalls are disabled

I need help!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jgl51,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from your post that you are having issues installing the printer over the network. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any changes on the printer before the issue started?

Did you try to run HP Print and Scan Doctor?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Let’s start by performing a network power drain. Follow the steps below:

Turn off all the devices connected on your network including the PC, Smartphones, printer, modem (if present) and router. Make sure all the devices in the network are turned off / unplugged.

Wait for 2-3 minutes.

Now turn on the modem if present. Wait till all the lights are steady and idle.

Then turn on the router. Again wait for a couple of minutes so that the lights are all steady.

Then turn on the PC and other devices.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to uninstall the printer from the root level and then reinstall them by following the below steps:

• Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
  • Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
  • Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
  • Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
  • Now check for issue resolution.
  • If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
  • First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Please click here to download and install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Once the printer is connected using USB connection, please follow the steps suggested in the support document to convert USB to a wireless connection.

If nothing work, I would suggest you follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Printers - Printer Not Found During Driver Setup (Windows)

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your detailed reply.

I had already done most of it and in the meantine I have given up.

Neither Iphone or Android phones see the printer after sepnding two days in front of my PC.

Router is new; PC / Wi FI are in good order.

So.. I have given up and switch to an other brand of printer.

I hope one day HP improves its software to make "plug and play".

YOu can close this thread .

HP Recommended

I had the same issue.  Noticed SLP was disabled on the printer (Networking Tab/Advanced).  I enabled SLP, and clicked apply. Restarted the application install program. It immediately found the printer.

Note:  SLP, LLMNR, IPv4, and WS-Discovery are currently enabled.  I hope this helps someone.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.