Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot print custom size envelopes

HP LaserJet MFP M281
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have switched to a Laser Jet and I cannot get a custom size envelope to print.  I need to print about 100 envelopes and the envelope comes through, but it is blank.  This is very frustrating.  

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
27,628 27,349 4,823 10,852
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

When you load the envelopes, be sure to load them in Portrait orientation and not in landscape orientation by any chance, as the paper signs on the tray shows.

When you close the tray, be sure to follow the steps on screen and change the Paper Size to the specific size or Custom Size.

From your software on the computer, when you print, be sure to select the proper Paper Size within the print driver too and then try printing, what you describe will likely occur due to a paper mismatch, due to not properly setting the envelope size.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I change that setting, nothing happens when I hit print.  

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation