Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
MFP M276nw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HI,

I have LaserJetPro 200 color MFP M276nw

S/N: [edit]

We been using this printer for around 3-4 year. The issue is not recent and happens randomly. Not the first time and It did not started recently, but only now decided to look for solutions.

Sometimes my printer decides to print everything brighter or more pale. It's totally random. Sometimes it's enough to restart printer, sometimes I need to wait till next day. 

Even today I printed 50 colour pages and last 5 of them was more pale then previous ones. 

It's not toner level issue.

It's not file issue as I'm printing labels so same files are used over and over again.

I don't believe is Adobe reader issue as I keep default setting. Most of time get good results, but some days the printer is just not happy.

I do cleaning and it gives me no changes. 

It there anything I can do about this? 

I know warranty is over years ago, but problem isn't new. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Dovydas

Welcome to HP support community.

Calibrate the printer.

1. On the product control panel, open the System Setup menu.

2. Open the Print Quality menu, and select the Color Calibration item.

3. Select the Calibrate Now option.

Check the EconoMode setting

1. From the software program, select the Print option.

2. Select the product, and then click the Properties or Preferences button.

3. Click the Paper/Quality tab.

4. Verify that the EconoMode check box is cleared. If there is a checkmark in the check box, click the check box to clear it.

you can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how to goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Dovydas

Welcome to HP support community.

Calibrate the printer.

1. On the product control panel, open the System Setup menu.

2. Open the Print Quality menu, and select the Color Calibration item.

3. Select the Calibrate Now option.

Check the EconoMode setting

1. From the software program, select the Print option.

2. Select the product, and then click the Properties or Preferences button.

3. Click the Paper/Quality tab.

4. Verify that the EconoMode check box is cleared. If there is a checkmark in the check box, click the check box to clear it.

you can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how to goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.

EcoMode - This can definitely be issue as I faced this before, but this time it's not the case.

Calibration - Next day after posting my original post, my printing quality were back to normal. I did run calibration and everything seems still fine and stable.

So I cannot 100% confirm calibration was an issue. 

Anyway if in future my colours will do change, I'll run calibration first thing and after result will come back here. But It might take a while.

HP Recommended

@Dovydas

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to reach us in future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As promised I'm back.

Today after turning on printer and printing 3 pages. I got change in colour. Everything had more colour. Mainly - yellow background was way more colourful then it should be. 

As advised I ran colour calibration. Next pages - back to normal. 

Just wanted to confirm this solution 100% works for me and sorted issue I had. 

HP Recommended

@Dovydas

Thanks for the update.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.