Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LASERJET ENTERPRISE M607 PRINTER
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Our printer is making a very loud clicking noise when we attempt to print.  The paper was also jamming. I changed the rollers in the back of the printer. Now I just have the clicking noise. The printer is 1 1/2 years old, the warranty ran out in May.  I tried using another printer tray from an identical printer. That did not help. So now I know its not the tray.

But I can't figure out what it is. I am not familiar with printer parts and have heard talk about a fuser. I am not finding anything about what a fuser looks like and how to go about checking this part. 

Can anyone walk me through a fix for this problem? 

Thanks, Debbie 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

the noise can be your toner or fuser,  Your fuser is in the back of the machine usually and gets very hot so be careful touching it.  You should be able to see the life of your fuser or maintenance kit through a supplies page or status page.

Sometimes machines just make noise and there is no real work around there are 100's of small gears and other mechanics that go into these machines and can be very hard to pin point.  I would try a new toner first if you still feel your having an issue order a new fuser or maintenance kit for your machine and do a thorough cleaning.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

the noise can be your toner or fuser,  Your fuser is in the back of the machine usually and gets very hot so be careful touching it.  You should be able to see the life of your fuser or maintenance kit through a supplies page or status page.

Sometimes machines just make noise and there is no real work around there are 100's of small gears and other mechanics that go into these machines and can be very hard to pin point.  I would try a new toner first if you still feel your having an issue order a new fuser or maintenance kit for your machine and do a thorough cleaning.  

HP Recommended

Here is a video on how to remove the fuser https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdWzwRe4cag

Any chance you can post a video of the noise you are getting? You can also go into the trouble shooting menus and in there you can activate individual components to try and isolate the source of the noise.

While you have the fuser out, check the gears closely, I have had cases where a small bit of foreign material gets lodged between two teeth and causes a click on each rotation.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

RM2-1257 M607, M608, M609, M631, M632, M633 Fuser installation RM2-6778 Visit http://www.Metrofuser.com for pricing and availability. How to change a fuser removal and replace Metrofuser distributes laser HP Printer Parts such as printer fusers, printer maintenance kits and other hp printer ...
HP Recommended

Thanks,  the video was very helpful. I found out what a fuser was, that the fuser was the problem and how to change it out.

Problem solved!

Thanks again, 

Debbiejj

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.