Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Colour Laserjet Pro MFP M277W - Printer/ Scanner
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi -  

I have an error 49 on my printer (communication error)  printer "off line" - cannot print from notebook/laptop to printer on wi fi  but can do from mobile phone. Scanning on printer/scanner  no longer scans. Software check reload.

Lost ability to print or scan - test page does work for printer but not scan.

I have shut down, notebook/laptop /printer etc followed on line suggestions.  Help.

Thank you for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Michelle2020,

Could you please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR) tool to diagnose and fix your problem

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

hope that helps.

Thanks,

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post if you want to say "Thanks!"
Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel that my post solved your issue.
HP Recommended

Hi Cagin,

Thank you for the link, yes it worked for 3 days, defaulted back to default off line, cannot print wireless, nor accept the ip address which is provided on the printer. I have switched the router off/on still not working. Under settings, says driver not found, downloaded drivers and that is not working either.  Any assistance in getting this sorted is very much appreciated,

Thank you.

Michelle 2020

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.