Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Officejet 8600
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I have two HP printers.   Which one will work best with my new MacBook Pro?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

You have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer, but what is the other printer to compare with?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have two printers

1. HP Officejet 6500A Plus

2. HP Officejet Pro 8600

Which one would work better with my new MacBook Pro?

PS Last night, I was able to get help from HP and downloaded a new driver (more compatible) (my previous non-Apple computer was so old I was running Windows XP), so now the Pro 8600 seems to work fine.  HP also advises that the higher the number the newer and better the machine.  Thus, the Pro 8600 is fine for now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.