Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet M607n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product Description: HP LaserJet Enterprise M607n

Product Number: K0Q14A

I am wondering if there is a way to configure my HP LaserJet M607 so that it always prints Envelopes to tray 3 automatically? I just replaced my ancient HP4+ with power envelope feeder with this the 607 with add envelope feeder as tray 3. It all worked on the HP4+, but doesn't on this one. 

I have an old program that prints addresses on envelopes. We have been using it for years and it worked perfectly fine with the old HP4+, but not with my brand new printer.

I have three different situations happening on three different computers:

1 Windows 7 machine will send it but I have to reset the tray assignment on the front of the printer

2 Windows 10 machine will send it and it will print on letter paper from tray 2

3 Windows 10 machine will pop an error code and it never gets sent.

Tech support was useless wanting me to reload drivers. The drivers are new. One of the machines is brand new only a week old from a motherboard up assembly and all software loaded from scratch. The other thing they wanted me to do was to do a "Partial Clean" on the printer, but the instructions they sent me made zero sense. They didn't work.

After about 90 minutes, the tech support guy said he would contact me back tomorrow.

There surely is a configuration setting somewhere to automatically send envelope size print jobs to the envelope tray???  My old HP4+ with a Jet card did it fine for 20 years.

Thanks,

Kirk

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

How do you have tray 3 configured on the printer itself. If you have it set for Type: Envelope and Size: what ever envelop size you are using it should automatically go to that tray.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I do have it set as Envelope #10.

It does not automatically go there. 😞

HP Recommended

As envelopes are treated differently now, being a tray and not an envelop feeder it is possible that your software is programmed to send to envelope feeder, which technically does not exist. You may need to reconfigure your software to send envelop jobs to tray 3. 

Also curious, on the driver installed on your PC did you go into printer properties and set tray 3 as envelop there as well?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Ahh, now we are at a conundrum. The software is old but functional. It has no settings. There is a button on the form that says "Print to Envelope". There is no way to reconfigure the software.

I have sent the printer to tray 3 Envelope #10 in the web interface.

On the computers, the driver is weird. I would expect the Manual feed to also be tray 1. Maybe not. In the printer properties on the driver, I have:
Manual Feed: Letter

Tray 1: Letter

Tray 2: Envelope #10

Tray 3: Envelope #10

I do not have 3 trays. Only the stock tray and one added Envelope tray. Not sure about all this numbering.

HP Recommended

I was also wondering about a 3rd party print management program. I remember years ago at a business where they had a program on the computer. They printed to that "Print Management Program" and then it sent it out to the appropriate printer and try. I know in very large companies, that would be its own Print server.

It would be nice to just hit print and have it automatically handle that. For instance:
Any color print goes to the Sharp Color Laser

Any black and white letter size goes to the HP Laser

Any envelope goes to the HP Tray 3

Surely there is something not to pricey that would do all that????

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.