hanlib
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Documents reprint from beginning after interruption / trouble canceling jobs

HP LaserJet Pro M254dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having two issues with my LaserJet M254dw.

1. If printing is interrupted in the middle of a job, the entire document is reprinted from the beginning after the cause of the interruption is corrected. Expected behavior would be that printing resumes from the page where it left off. Can this behavior be corrected?

2. I printed quite a few documents, one right after the other, which I immediately realized I wanted to cancel. I quickly opened the print queue on the computer,  but the documents were no longer listed there. I then hit cancel on the printer's touchscreen as each job started printing, but those jobs printed fully anyway. I then tried turning off the printer and then the computer, but when I restarted both, the remaining jobs started up again. Any ideas about how to correct this?

2 REPLIES 2
hanlib
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CORRECTION TO ISSUE 1

Sorry, I inaccurately described issue 1. What is happening is this:

If a job runs out of paper during printing, if you don't load paper fast enough, the entire job is canceled and you have to go back to your document and reprint it manually. Is there a way to set how long the printer waits before a job is canceled?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,134 6,121 328 241
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@hanlib

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

There isn't any option like that. If you wish to cancel the job, try to press the cancel button immediately once the print job is given.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation