Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 1000
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have posted this query once already, to be told by admin that the issue is 'too complicated' to be addressed online and that I should call this number (UK) 020 3289 7008.  This turns out to be a number for the sales department, not software support.

I'd hardly managed to explain what the problem is before the phone was put down at the other end.  Bad manners and bad customer relations.

PROBLEM - I have a fully-functioning HP LaserJet 1000 which I tried to hook up to new software, Windows 7 64bit.  There is no dedicated printer driver available to perform that task.

I ASKED if there is a generic printer driver which will hook up the two sides, only for HP to intervene and send me to their sales department.

I don't want to BUY anything, I want a problem FIXED.

Hope you're listening this time round, HP, and can do something to address the problem.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you received a private message in lieu of a reply to your post directly in the forum, that was a scammer.

Scammers are using the private message system to scam people. 

Those messages are not from legitimate HP support folks.

No legitimate person will ever reply to your post with an unsolicited  private message for any reason.

HP and the folks at Lithium (the company that actually hosts this site), are trying to figure out a way to prevent this from happening, but that is going to be a tough nut to crack.

Also, please bear in mind that this is a peer to peer forum, not HP technical support. 

You may or may not get an answer to your question here.

Unfortunately, I can't help you with the driver issue.

I checked the Microsoft Update Catalog and there aren't any for that model.

I also did a search on the forum and came up empty handed.  Printer experts here are saying there isn't any...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Archive-Read-Only/HP-LaserJet-1000-printer-driver-not-support...

Did you try to add the printer using the add printer wizard by selecting the vendor and the printer model?

You might want to try selecting a model number closest to the LJ1000.  That worked for me once when my ancient HP Photosmart 1350 had no W7 driver.  I picked another Photosmart printer model from the list and it worked just fine.

I had to experiment with a few before I found one that worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kfK656hfJQ

HP Recommended

Driver for HP LaserJet 1000/Windows 7 64bit need a driver

HP Recommended

There's no driver for HP LaserJet 1000/Windows 7 64bit it just for x32.

But it do work under Windows 7 64bit protection mode you have to google for that it's above my knowledge.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.