Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet P2055dn
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

This problem has only recently popped up, within the last week.  I'm wondering if it is related to my most recent IOS software update, to macOS Big Sur (version 11.3.1).  At any rate, in an attempt to print a 12-page PDF file, I was only able to print the first 8 pages.  The 9th page printed the ERROR stated in my subject line to this post, a very small part of the correct text, then the following:

STACK:

[5.9999  5.999  5.999 . . .  0.0]

( ! " #$%&' () . . .

If I select to print on our HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 series, the PDF file prints all twelve pages correctly.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I would update the drivers for the printer and also ensure you have the most current firmware, although there likely has not been a firmware update for this model in quite a while.  

I would also try  different file as it may be a code embedded in this particular file that is tripping the error. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I would update the drivers for the printer and also ensure you have the most current firmware, although there likely has not been a firmware update for this model in quite a while.  

I would also try  different file as it may be a code embedded in this particular file that is tripping the error. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Repairatrooper,

Thanks for your expeditious response.  Regarding your comment, "it may be a code embedded in this particular file that is tripping the error," I'm quite sure that this is the case.  However, being that I'm not very smart on computer technology, I am perplexed as to why our HP OfficeJet printer would print this same file without any hiccups.  Maybe that's the benefit of a much newer printer.  I also believe you are spot on with the reality that there is no update for this older HP LaserJet printer, unfortunately.  Thanks, again.

HP Recommended

Could be a slight difference in the PCL or PS interpreter coded by the firmware. A current example as an illustration. HP just released new firmware for all their Enterprise level products. If this update is installed on a Pagewide product and you attempt to print using the current Universal PCL print driver the printer will spew a bunch of one character pages. Same firmware and driver combination on a Laserjet does not cause that issue. Just bad luck of the draw.

HP Recommended

Having exactly same issue, I reset the printing system and reinstalled the printer as "HP LaserJet Series PCL 4/5" instead of the default "PostScript".

Add Printer → select "HP LaserJet P2055dn" → Use: Select Software... → select "HP LaserJet Series PCL 4/5" → OK.

Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.