Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CP5225 (CE710A)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Which part number or license do I need to purchase to enable the Fast Ethernet port present on our CP5225 (CE710A)? We prefer not to use any external print server.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is no way to activate the network port as the base model has the port disabled during production and there is no routine or software to enable it. That said the service manual indicates that if the formatter is replaced on a base model (no network) then the network port needs to be disabled using a program from hp. That probably gives you a 50/50 chance of making the printer network by replacing the formatter. The reason it is not 100% is hp tells us in the same manual not to replace both the dc controller and formatter at the same time or model information will be lost. I know on previous models where this was the case network ports were sometimes lost when a network formatter was placed in a non network printer due to the dc controller writing model information to the formatter. For this reason I would advise using a usb ethernet printserver. If you want to take the gamble, then the part number you need is CE490-67901. Do a google search for the service manual as it is available online.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

There is no way to activate the network port as the base model has the port disabled during production and there is no routine or software to enable it. That said the service manual indicates that if the formatter is replaced on a base model (no network) then the network port needs to be disabled using a program from hp. That probably gives you a 50/50 chance of making the printer network by replacing the formatter. The reason it is not 100% is hp tells us in the same manual not to replace both the dc controller and formatter at the same time or model information will be lost. I know on previous models where this was the case network ports were sometimes lost when a network formatter was placed in a non network printer due to the dc controller writing model information to the formatter. For this reason I would advise using a usb ethernet printserver. If you want to take the gamble, then the part number you need is CE490-67901. Do a google search for the service manual as it is available online.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.