Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
P1606dn
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Since upgrading to Word 2016 I am unable to print envelopes with my trusty HP P1606dn printer.  Everything remians set up for one sided printing.  The central long orientation feed option doesn't print at all.  The Transverse option does work as seen on paper, but the size 10 envelope is too wide to easily fit in the tray. 

How can I set this up to function as conceived.  Within the last hour I have reinstalled the driver and the software from the HP web site, and rebooted the computer with no change in function.

Through Google I see that this problem is posed on several web sites, but I can't find an answer specific for Word 2016.  The desired functions were consistently present with Word 2007...but that's now gone. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BAJAB

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that you are unable to print on envelops from word I would like to help you out with this issue today.

In Microsoft Word, click Mailings, then click Envelopes.

• In the Envelopes and Labels window, type the address in the Delivery address field, then type in the return address in the Return address field.
  • Click Preview.
  • Under Feed, load the envelope.
  • Click Print.
  • When Word prompts you to save the return address, click Yes.

TO Change the size, font, or layout

• On the Envelopes tab in the Envelopes and Labels box, click Options > Envelope Options.
  • To change the envelope size, click the arrow next to the Envelope size list and select the choice that matches the size of your envelopes.
  • Click here and refer the document for more steps.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

The instructions that you have given have worked for me on this printer in the past, and they work with the HP printers (not the same model) that I have als used at work.  They worked on this  P1606dn home prnter as well....but only before I upgraded to Word 16.

Currently, going through the process that you describe, and choosing any of the three methods of "narrow end first" from the three buttons on the right, with the "envelope options" > "prnting options" page showing selections of "face up" or "face down";    with or without "clockwise rotation" selected,    I then click "reset" with each change, but still get no printing on the envelope.

If I choose one of the long end first options I will get printing on 8.5 X 11 paper, but a standard #10 envelope does not fit into the printer with this orientation.

HP Recommended

@BAJAB

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

I request you to contact HP Phone support for further assistance on this.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.