Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

regarding

@error0x000003eb wrote:

Upon much searching around I discovered that the fix for this error is to...

1. Start Menu - type in printmanagement.msc and open the program

2. Scroll down to [Custom Filters] "All Drivers" or "Print Servers -> (Your Computer) -> Drivers"

3. Delete all printer drivers from old (and current) installs. 

Restart your computer and attempt to reinstall the drivers from the CD or from the .exe

Hope this helps you, it finally solved my problem without a wipe!

Good luck!

This was the ONLY thing that worked for me, I have spent almost 2 days trying to get my HP OfficeJet 7610 AIO printer installed on Windows 7 64bit WIN764, and I only had to delete the single printer drive under the "All Drivers" section in print management. Sounds like Windows didn't clean something up or was corrupted in there, and HP didn't clean their drivers out correctly either. 

I didn't have to remove ALL of the drivers, just the one that was giving me problems. After that removal in print management, I did a reboot, and reinstalled with HP Printer Installation wizard (not the direct .exe for my printer, I'm not sure if this step made a difference, but it is the step I took). 

Finally I have my stinkin HP printer installed!!!!

HP Recommended

I can use my camera,.

please advice

HP Recommended

There's actually a quite simple fix that does not require Windows reinstallation, registry modification, or even a spool stop, however it does require Administrator Privilages and comes with some risk if the proper ports aren't selected:

1. Delete Problematic Printers from normal "Devices and Printers" window, if any.

2. Click "Start" >> "Control Panel" >> "Administrative Tools" >> "Print Management"

3. Click "Driver" and delete any driver linked to a non-existant printer or problematic printer

4. If you're Printer is a network printer, Go to "Print Servers" >> "<ComputerName>">>"Ports" and delete any port that has a faulty or nonexistant printer linked to it. DO NOT DELETE ALL PORTS, only Printer ports.

5. Apply this tactic to all printers and printer ports if faulty printer is unknown.

6. Reinstall printer(s).

Worked for me and I didn't even need to restart Windows 7 :D.Printer Management Window>>"Port Tab"Printer Management Window>>"Port Tab"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.