Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Enterprise Flow MFP M830z

Good day

S.O.S. My organisation (at my insistance) bought 4 HP Laserjet M830z printers. Now one of them is showing error 30,03,45 when scanning duplex from the ADF. It makes a low squeaking sound when it tries to pull the paper from the ADF (original) then shows error 30.03.45. I have purchased a new scanner controller board and replaced and the error persisted. I also did a firmware upgrade to no effect. Any help would be appreciated. If any also has a copy of the replacement guide for the ADF so i can strip and check for debris that would be appreciated (the service manual doesnt show how to strip the ADF). Thank you in advance

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Have you tried swapping the ADF with another machine?

HP Recommends:

Turn the product off, and then on again.
Upgrade the firmware.
Replace the SCB.
Replace the scanner assembly.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

Can you print the error log from the troubleshooting menus and post. If there are 331.xx.xx errors before the current error then it is quite likely that the ADF assembly has failed. There are no instructions that I am aware of for disassembly and you are likely stuck with it being a learning experience if you are going to take it apart. If you have four I would swap an adf around for a known good one to confirm that this fixes the problem.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. I have since stripped the left side of the printer to check for debris or stalled gears. All seems well. My organisation however is hesitant to purchase another ADF after the new scanner controller didnt solve the problem. I will print and post the error log later today. Would it be the whole ADF .that wld have failed or is there a particular component that can be replaced. Seems to me like a logical error as the error occurs when the paper is being picked up and its the same gears and motors when doing a duplex and a one sided scan. 

Thank you again for your response

HP Recommended

There are some parts that HP does not support repairing, so while there is likely a defective component, or even possibly a wiring harness problem the only way I know to identify the defective part is to swap items between a working ADF and a Failing ADF until the problem moves.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

I have attached a kink to the diagnostic data https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsjRdjwNlxr_iC9_4pm0_ijVfliX?e=rkP0Qo and the debug data. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsjRdjwNlxr_iC4VimisXlH7nnrs?e=45lxJZ Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.