Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6700 Premium - all in one
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I got this message on the printer screen " There is a problem with the printer or ink system.  Turn printer off, then on.  If the problem persists, contact HP."  I also get a message to "turn the printer off, unplug it for 10 seconds and then turn it on again."  On my computer I get a error message "Missing or Failed Printhead - the printhead appears to be missing, not detected, incorrectly installed or incompatible."

Turned off the printer and have tried the unplug for 10 seconds but neither help.  Reinstalled the drivers but again didn't help.

Can anyone help me?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@2ulips,

Welcome to HP Support Community,

Have you checked for any obstructions inside the printer?

Are you able to move the carriage freely?

Let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Did you try to update the printer firmware? If not, If your printer connected wireless, make sure to temporary connect the device with USB and then follow the link to check for the latest firmware update if available for your printer, using this website

Restart the printer once done.

If the issue persists, try the steps listed here:  HP Printers - Printhead Problem, Ink System Failure, '0x...' Error Displays

Alternatively, you can visit this link: HP Officejet Multifunction Printers - Resolving 'Problem with Ink System' Error

Let me know how it goes!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.