Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CP1025
macOS 10.14 Mojave

It seems that ever since I upgraded to Mojave 10.14.2, my CP1025 won't print. The error message is: "Stopped - "Filter" failed. Are these two things related?

Both of my HP color printers are screwed up. It seems no one can solve my M254 issue. Can someone help me with my CP1025?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Chicago207

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you are getting Error Message: Stopped - "Filter" failed.

Remove and Add the AirPrint printer to the Mac printer queue

1. Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

Figure : Example of the Printers & Scanners window

Example of the Printers & Scanners window
  2. Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, and then do one of the following steps.

• If your printer is listed, remove and re-add the printer to confirm it is set up for AirPrint. Click the printer name, click the minus sign  to delete the printer, click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name and then continue to the next step.

• If your printer is not listed, click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, and then continue to the next step.

3. Confirm AirPrint or Secure AirPrint displays in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.

Figure : AirPrint displays in the Use menu

Select AirPrint from the Use menu
  4. Open a document or photo, click File, and then click Print.

5. Cheers.

You can refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

@Chicago207

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you are getting Error Message: Stopped - "Filter" failed.

Remove and Add the AirPrint printer to the Mac printer queue

1. Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

Figure : Example of the Printers & Scanners window

Example of the Printers & Scanners window
  2. Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, and then do one of the following steps.

• If your printer is listed, remove and re-add the printer to confirm it is set up for AirPrint. Click the printer name, click the minus sign  to delete the printer, click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name and then continue to the next step.

• If your printer is not listed, click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, and then continue to the next step.

3. Confirm AirPrint or Secure AirPrint displays in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.

Figure : AirPrint displays in the Use menu

Select AirPrint from the Use menu
  4. Open a document or photo, click File, and then click Print.

5. Cheers.

You can refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That got it! Updated the firmware and it's working again. Thank you so much for your help.

HP Recommended

@Chicago207

Thanks for the reply.

Good to know that the issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem as many other people. My old HP CP1025nw won't print with my brand new iMac running Mojave 10.14.2. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer (many times) and updating the firmware. I keep getting the message "filter failed." the configuration page prints just fine, but no print jobs.

When I reinstall, I don't see the option to select "Airport." Is that because I have the iMac connected directly to the printer, not using wifi? Any other suggestions? I've been at this for maybe two hours.

HP Recommended

OK, I finally got it to work. I decided to try it wirelessly - disconnected the USB cable (printer to computer) and connected the printer to my wireless router. Connected the computer to the printer using wifi (selecting Airprint) and got a job to print. Why would it work wireless but not wired? And isn't it better to connect directly? That's what I always thought.

HP Recommended

@Zheem

Let's update the printer firmware and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

Restart the printer and the MAC

Then, follow the below steps to remove the printer and add the printer as AirPrint.

Step 1: Remove multiple printers from the printer list

Check for multiple devices in the Printers list, and then remove any extra entries other than one in idle status.

1. Search the Mac for Print, and then click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners in the list of results.

2. Find the printer names that match your printer from the list of devices.

Figure : Printers and Scanner window with multiple names of a printer in the list

Printers and Scanner window with multiple names of HP Photosmart 7520 printers shown  in the list
  3. If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button  at the bottom of the list. Leave one 'idle' printer in the list that matches your printer if available and use this printer as the Default printer.

4. Try printing again.

• If the printer prints, you can stop troubleshooting.

• If the printer remains offline or displays an error, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Delete the existing print queue and add the printer

Remove the printer queue from the list of printers, and then add it again. Doing so creates a new printing session.

1. Make sure your Mac is connected to the Internet.

2. In the Printers list, click your HP printer, and then click the Minus button  to delete it.

3. Click the Add button .

4. Find and select the name of your printer from the Printer list, and then click Add to add your printer. Do not select an HP Fax driver.

Figure : Example of the printer selection list

Image: The Add window showing a selection of printers with one model selected.
  5. Click Print Using or Use.

6. Select the name of your printer (if available) or AirPrint.

Figure : Menu showing AirPrint selected

Image: Menu showing AirPrint selected

Your new printer queue displays in the Printers list in an Idle status .

Figure : Example of a newly added printer in the Printers & Scanners list

Image: The printers and scanners windows with one printer in the printers list
  7. Try printing.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

My Mojave software is up to date, but there are no options to update firmware (or driver ) for 10.14.2 Mojave. I also don't have the "airprint" oprion in the "add" window under "use", I'm only offered a driver that doesn't work.  Is there something I need to do to get the airprint option.  Is it possible my cp1025nw doesn't support airprint?Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 12.13.49 PM.png

HP Recommended

@Zheem

Appreciate all your time and efforts.

I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for one on one interaction. 

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Sign in / sign in as a guest

Step 3. Enter the product number or select to auto detect

Step 4. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 5. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Zheem - I had the same problem. I never saw "AirPrint" as an option until I disconnected my iMac from the printer (it was connected directly via USB cable), connected the printer to my router (using an ethernet cable), and connected the iMac to the printer wirelessly. All of a sudden "Airprint" appeared as an option, and everything worked. FYI, NOBODY suggested that.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.