Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro M402dn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been printing all morning, and suddenly get this error message:

ERROR: typecheck

OFFENDING COMMAND: setlinecap

STACK:

-savelevel-

It is one report from the Authorize.net system.  All other items in this program print perfectly.  Everything, including this document prints perfectly from my other HP printers.  Please help me to fix this.

Kindest regards,

Sandy Brennan

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

We are getting the exact same error on an HP LaserJet 400 MFP M425dn. It started this afternoon when we attempted to print standard reports from Dynamics NAV Business Central 365 SaaS (e.g. Sales Orders, Sales Confirmations, etc).

HP Recommended

It there already an Solution to this problem?

I have the same problem.

HP Recommended

No solution yet.  I have not had time to call the "help" line, which was the only solution offered by the help desk when I sent my original email.

HP Recommended

In our case, the issue pertained to a Google Chrome update because our application is a Cloud app. When users updated to 

Version 80.0.3987.87 (Official Build) (64-bit) the issue appeared. It appears to have been fixed now because a user who could not print this morning can now print.

Another work-around was to print from Edge instead of Chrome. Hope this helps someone.

HP Recommended

I was going to ask if anyone had had a software update to their system, as that can usually cause this kind of problem, and GaryWiney did mention that as an option, so I would suggest everyone check into that as a possibility and see if there's been a fix. 

Another thing to check for is the firmware version of your printers. If there is a newer firmware version than what you currently have, try installing that to see if that helps resolve your issues.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Workaround:

Go to the Printer Properties, Device Settings...find the Postscript Passthrough option and set to Disabled. Should work now.

Dan

HP Recommended

The strange thing is that it only happens when I print one type of report from the Authorize.net program.  The work around suggested did not solve this issue.

HP Recommended

This did not solve my problem.  Thanks anyway, for the suggestion.

HP Recommended

Hello there need help with this . its repeatably showing   error message on my hp LaserJet Pro M402dn  printer do something hp . i recorded it have it on video visit here

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.