Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro MFP M477fdw

I have the newest iOS for MacBook Air, Mohave, and I have reinstalled the newest driver from HP,  and have installed most recent firmware and I have this problem all the time with large PPT and PDF files with images. It is infuriating.  Is there no solution?  This post has been viewed thousands of times, the problem is real.  I have to restart the printer and print in 10 page batches.  Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

It seems like something that could be fixed with a firmware update, I am also surprised they have not addressed it.  I'm still happy with the competitors printer I exchanged it for.  If they are not going to fix it I would consider this printer a lemon.

HP Recommended

I had been having the same issue and then found this thread.  It WORKED!!!!  THANK GOD!

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Unable-to-print-file-File-is-corrupt-error-message/m...

HP Recommended

Like many, been having this issue on and off.  Between Apple Support and other online postings, this procedure worked. I am sure there are many redundant and unnecessary steps, and I am not a computer expert but out of frustration, I combined all the best published posts along with AppleSupport.  I have MacBook Pro with MAC OS Mojave:

1. Close all applications on MAC

2. Power down/Shut down MAC

3. Press the power on and immediately press and hold these 4 keys on your MAC: Option-Command-P-R buttons.  You should hear at least two beeps if you do this correctly and quickly.  This resets NVRAM or PRAM on the MAC according to Apple support.

4. Release 4 keys of Option-Command-P-R and do normal start up on MAC.

5. Go to system preferences, printers, choose reset printers.  You may have to log in by putting in your password.  This resets printer directory.

6.  Shut down MAC

7.  Unplug modem for 30 seconds

8.  Unplug HP printer

9.  Turn Modem back on wait normal time for turn on.

10. Turn MAC back on

11.  Turn printer back on

12. Go to System preferences, click on + to add your printer (HP COLOR LASER JET MFP M277dw)

13.  Go to Default Printer Box on the same screen and on the drop down menu choose : HP COLOR Laserjet MFP M277dw).  DO NOT CHOOSE "Last Printer Used". 

I hope this works for others.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.