Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Good day to all,

If I may suggest to HP support

Since many people are having this issue, would it be possible for HP support to get an HP Laser Jet CP1025 printer and plug it to a Mac running OS X Catalina and try printing and seek the solution rather than have us try theoretical solutions.

I think this will help us all get to the bottom of this issue and do what needs to be done to get this to work?

I think we are all in dire need of printing and no one seems to be able to do so.

Thank you kindly for your consideration.

Sincerely yours,

Shakuhachi1073.

HP Recommended

Good day to all,

If I may suggest to HP support

Since many people are having this issue, would it be possible for HP support to get an HP Laser Jet CP1025 printer and plug it to a Mac running OS X Catalina and try printing and seek the solution rather than have us try theoretical solutions.

I think this will help us all get to the bottom of this issue and do what needs to be done to get this to work?

I think we are all in dire need of printing and no one seems to be able to do so.

Thank you kindly for your consideration.

Sincerely yours,

Shakuhachi1073.

HP Recommended

Its not working,  I went through all the steps already,  several times. Tried to obtain support from this site and keep getting messages that have me go through the same steps over and over. Everything is up-to-date (driver and firmware) which was removed/added/removed/added several times. I have deleted and added the printer  as well . The computer was restarted every time. STILL not working. Iwould throw the printer away, but what do I do with all the (expensive) toner cartridges that I have? 

HP, please provide a solution or give me a printer that works with the same toner cartridges. 

HP Recommended

@terrabrasilis

If you have already performed all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the earlier posts, I suggest you contact HP Support further assistance

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Greetings to all,

Hope this message finds you all in good health.

I eventually was able to contact HP support and speak with a live engineer, who, after 2 hours of phone communication answered saying that the HP Laser Jet CP1025 will not work with Catalina.

The printer is only meant to work with 32-bit operating systems and HP will not make it 64-bit compatible with a software update.

If anyone finds a solution or writes a 64-bit update, please post it here!

Thank you all for your kind support in this matter.

Sincerely yours,

Shakuhachi1973

HP Recommended

[edit]

try this solution 

How to get an unsupported HP printer LaserJet Pro CP1025nw to work on macOS Mojave Как заставить работать принтер HP printer LaserJet Pro CP1025nw в macOS Mojave Способы и реально работающий вариант 1. update printer system /обновить систему принтера ...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.