Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I've been able to verify on serveral M277 devices that the LaserJet Update feature is functioning properly. The units we tested were able to locate the firmware and perform the update. One unit that was already up to day reported "No Update Found" which would be expected behavior, but none of the units tested reported any type if connection issue.

If you are seeing the connection issue it may be you are on a connection which uses a proxy server. In that case you can enter the proxy settings by opening the devices embedded web server (EWS), by typing the IP address of the printer into your browser. Once the EWS is open click on the HP Web Services tab and then on the left navigation select Proxy Settings. Input your proxy settings and then click the Apply button to save the informaiton. After applying the settings try the LaserJet Update feature to see if you can connect.

Best regards.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

In my network no proxy, neither update on board.

HP Recommended

Can't believe HP doesn't know the solution.

Follow these steps and you'll be fine:

1. Open an internet browser and type your printer's IP address to go you to the printer's status page
  2. Select the Networking tab at the top
  3. Select Network Identification on the left panel
  4. Under Configuration Precedence be sure to have Manual top in the list
  5. Enter 8.8.8.8 as DNS - Primary (IPv4)
  6. Click Apply and profit

Cheers!

ultra360

HP Recommended
This no longe is an issue. The printer had software updates a while ago that started working. Now I just have a message that pops up on my printer and tells me there's an update. This topic can be closed.
HP Recommended
It was an issue for me because even with the latest firmware, the update feature on the printer itself wasn't working.
HP Recommended

Beware - If you update the firmware, you will be locked into purchasing HP toner cartridges.  If you want to have the choice of which toner to buy, don't update the firmware.  You have been warned!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.