01-16-2020 08:20 AM - edited 01-16-2020 08:56 AM
After updating the Firmware for my Laser Jet Pro M102w, it stopped working.
Both my Mac and my friends PC recognize it as HP Laserjet 3020. Green light is blinking.
I have seen others around the internet having the same issue. Has this firmware update ever been resolved?
I hope my printer isn't a brick now?
01-18-2020 12:29 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Print a Configuration Report on the printer
Press and hold the Resume/Cancel button on the printer control panel, and then release it when the Ready light blinks.
The Configuration Report and Network Summary (wireless models only) print.
Check the model number of the printer and the firmware version.
Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your MAC.
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, resetting the printer to its factory settings may help.
- The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
- I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
01-18-2020 02:33 PM
That's unfortunate. Is the printer not powering ON?
The issue you had mentioned only stated that the name of the printer has changed and the green light blinks.
Did you try the steps mentioned in my previous post?
Keep me posted.
I am an HP Employee