Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro

All of the sudden, my wireless printer is not connected. It appears that I need to use the HP Firmware Updater to fix the problem. However, I receive the message below.

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 7.21.31 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@LeahVDM,

Thanks for engaging in the HP community A very good day to you. I will be glad to assist you and let’s get right to it. Great deductions and splendid presentation of the issue. It is amply appreciated.

Let me gather some information for better clarity to assist you correctly:

• Did you restore network defaults on the printer and check by connecting to the network again?
  • Provide the version of Mac that is installed on the computer.

I will be providing a roadmap with some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Let us try these steps:

Don’t perform any other step for now. Now connect the printer to the wireless network. This should resolve the issue.

Ensure that the latest OS updates are installed correctly and the Mac OS has the most current updates installed.

Then follow these directions to update the printer’s firmware and open the firmware dmg file if it gives you the error message from this link: http://www.iclarified.com/28180/how-to-open-applications-from-unidentified-developers-in-mac-os-x-mo...

This should fix the issue. Even if the Mac version is not X Mountain Lion, the steps are still relevant for your version of Mac also.

This is a third party link. Please follow only instructions on it. Do not click on any image, link. ad, download or icon. It is strictly to follow instructions and screenshots (if found) only. Please adhere to this.

Use a USB cable connected to the printer and the Mac to update the printer's firmware. Please follow instructions from this link: https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c02919168 to update the printer's firmware.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@LeahVDM,

Thanks for engaging in the HP community A very good day to you. I will be glad to assist you and let’s get right to it. Great deductions and splendid presentation of the issue. It is amply appreciated.

Let me gather some information for better clarity to assist you correctly:

• Did you restore network defaults on the printer and check by connecting to the network again?
  • Provide the version of Mac that is installed on the computer.

I will be providing a roadmap with some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Let us try these steps:

Don’t perform any other step for now. Now connect the printer to the wireless network. This should resolve the issue.

Ensure that the latest OS updates are installed correctly and the Mac OS has the most current updates installed.

Then follow these directions to update the printer’s firmware and open the firmware dmg file if it gives you the error message from this link: http://www.iclarified.com/28180/how-to-open-applications-from-unidentified-developers-in-mac-os-x-mo...

This should fix the issue. Even if the Mac version is not X Mountain Lion, the steps are still relevant for your version of Mac also.

This is a third party link. Please follow only instructions on it. Do not click on any image, link. ad, download or icon. It is strictly to follow instructions and screenshots (if found) only. Please adhere to this.

Use a USB cable connected to the printer and the Mac to update the printer's firmware. Please follow instructions from this link: https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c02919168 to update the printer's firmware.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. 

I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.  

Please take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.