Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Firmware initializing for over 30hrs

HP Enterprise MFP M680

I'm trying to upgrade firmware via USB on HP Enterprise MFP M680.  After 30 hrs it is still in the initializing phase.  There is a counter that keeps on ticking.  It is almost on 60000 by now. Is this normal. The screen indicates that I must not unplug the printer. Will I fry the brain when shutting down the machine?  Please assist!?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
3,227 3,221 371 471
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

That takes way too long. There is only one way to know, and that is to unplug it. The firmware is on a removable drive ( HDD or SSD ) in the worst case if the printer was 100% functional you will need to replace the drive. Maybe the drive is defective and that's the reason it takes too long.

https://support.hp.com/hr-en/document/guid-3e7ecd75-610e-4981-a5c0-7dd30d4b484d_en_us_guid-9bf99265-... 

You can run a disk test from preboot menu if after unplugging it printer fails.

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you.  How do I run the disk check from the reboot menu?

Thank you for your assistance. 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
3,227 3,221 371 471
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Check YT video how to access the preboot menu, you will find diagnostic for multiple parts including disk drive.

View my profile on LinkedIn
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation