Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro M377

This should be an easy question...

On the support page for the HP M377... there are not any firmware updates avaialble.  This M377 was a "Staples Exclusive" pritner...

It is really just an M477...

On the M477 support page, there are firmware updates available.  Now, while they do not explicitly say they are also compatible with the M377... the firmware file name/executabel has the model m377 right in it!

My question:

is the M477 firmware update also approved to be used on the M377?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI there, 

it is compatile with M377 as well, and it is wrong on M377 product page we dont have its Firmware upgrade utility posted and we will look into this quick and get it onboard as soon as possible.

thanks for bring it up and sorry for your inconvenience we caused. please use the one you found with M477 instead first.

`````````````````````````````
I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If you run the firmware updater program for the M477 and tell it to update the M377 then, if it works, it was intended for that purpose.  If it's not the right firmware, the updater will refuse to update.

HP Recommended
Thank you...

But this is a yes or no question. Is that file i asked about compatible with the m377 or not? Someone from HP should know.
HP Recommended

HI there, 

it is compatile with M377 as well, and it is wrong on M377 product page we dont have its Firmware upgrade utility posted and we will look into this quick and get it onboard as soon as possible.

thanks for bring it up and sorry for your inconvenience we caused. please use the one you found with M477 instead first.

`````````````````````````````
I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
HP Recommended
Thank you
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.