Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Lasrejet MFP 127fw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

This comes wit PCLm driver, which I have not used. I cannot fing a PCL6 or 5 driver to install? Can PCLx work with this printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer do not support more advanced printing languages such as PCL 5 or 6.

It provides a PCLm driver, which is a PCL3 GUI.

You may find the Printing Specifications listed below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-LaserJet-Pro-MFP-M127-series/5396666/model/5303419/document/c...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer do not support more advanced printing languages such as PCL 5 or 6.

It provides a PCLm driver, which is a PCL3 GUI.

You may find the Printing Specifications listed below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-LaserJet-Pro-MFP-M127-series/5396666/model/5303419/document/c...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

@ShlomiL

I don't disagree at all with your assertion that this printer model does not understand PCL5 or PCL6.

However, (just for completeness) there seems to be some confusion about which Page Description Language is supported by this printer model:

• Your (US) specification page shows that the printer language is PCL3 GUI.
  • This (UK) specification page shows that the printer language is PCLm/PCLmS (which is more consistent with your reference to a PCLm driver).

I don't know for certain (because HP does not publish much detailed information about either language), but as far as I'm aware:

• PCL3 GUI is a language which provides a subset of the PCL escape sequences provided by the old PCL3 level of that PDL; the page rendering is achieved by a series of compressed raster images, each encapsulated within one of the relevant PCL raster-image escape sequence structures.
  • PCLm/PCLmS is a language which is based on the Portable Document Format standard; it provides a subset of the 'commands' provided by the PDF standard; the page rendering is achieved by a series of compressed raster images, each encapsulated within one of the relevant PDF raster-image object structures. 
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.