Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP COLOR LASERJET PRO MFP M477fdn

HP COLOR LASERJET PRO MFP M477fdn is giving me a paper jam message after I cleared the jam.

I've tried unplugging and re-starting, but the error message is still there - and the printer won't print.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi, I would like to assist you regarding your query. The below mentioned steps may help you to resolve the issue :

* Please adjust the paper guides in the tray. Ensure the front paper guide is pushing the paper against the back edge of the tray.
* Please use the HP specified media. Verify the tray setting and driver setting.
* Please keep the product in an area that meets the environmental specifications.
*Please verify if a small piece of media  jammed in cartridge area that can cause for the paper jam in fuser (paper exit area).
* If the rollers  are warn out or damaged  that can also cause paper jam.
Please verify the unit warranty and  if the unit is under warranty, contact HP support team to get the service on the unit.(Note: never share the printer SN, contract number in public Forum).

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

You may have a jam hidden inside.

You can dislodge hidden jams sometimes by manually feeding a peice of cardstock through the printer, until it comes out of the output tray.

With the m477 you need to remove the bottom feed tray, thread the card stock, carefully push it in with both hands. Get it through as far as you can. Then open the rear door and push it through the final portion. Hopefully it will pull hidden paper along with it.

Obviously unplug the printer first. I take no responsibility for any damages which you cause to your printer or to yourself regarding this advice. Follow at your own risk.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.