Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

My problem with this printer has been unintentionally nullified. 

After talking to HP support regarding downgrading the firmware and getting nowhere, I proceeded to get sidetracked by other issues at work and the "can't print in color" problem got buried other customer jobs, phone messages, client appointments, and other more urgent issues. 

On Friday, the restaurant next door to my office caught fire, and our entire building was completely destroyed. Excavators had to come in and tear down the building during the night in order to fully put out the fire. My boss and I went through the debris the next day, and there was no sign of our locked-out Laserjet. 

We are currently securing a temporary office while we work on rebuilding and restarting. We have to buy all new equipment to replace everything that was ruined. Most definitely, an HP printer will NOT be part of that purchase. 

HP Recommended

I too had this problem and  I spent an hour with the HP rep who claimed by problem was the toner, not the printer.  I have solved it by downgrading the firmware. The new firmware is 20160331 and it was causing the problem.   The previous one is 20150716 and it is still available on the HP downloads page.  First - Make sure you go to the printer Setup menu, select Service, then LaserJet Update at the bottom, then Manage Updates.  There are 4 options under Manage Updates.  Allow downgrade should be yes, and turn off Check automatically so HP can't change it back on you. Then you can install the 20150716 firmware.   I am now able to use my printer with the Non-HP Cartidges!  Hope this helps all of you out there who don't want to be held hostage to HP 'genuine' cartridges.

HP Recommended

I can't seem to find it.  Did they remove it?

HP Recommended

Error message rendered post frimware update:

"Supply Memory Error" and refuses to print anything

I can not get the firmware to downgrade whatsoever.

Downgrade is set to "yes".

Automatic upgrades set to "no"

Suggestions from support or others with the same issue would be greatly appreciated.

Especially, because, of course it's out of warantee but a mere few weeks.

Frustrated beyond belief.

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem.[content removed]

HP Recommended

Try this... it was earlier in the thread, and JUST worked for me.

http://www.trikprinter.com/2016/05/hp-color-laserjet-pro-m252dw-driver.html

I did it via a Mac.

I don't know how much of a differebce it makes if you chose the mac dricers or the PC drivers, but giddy with success!

HP Recommended

Happiness is... a working printer.

Shame same for botched  (prisoner) firmware.

HP Recommended

This works, though you have to unplug the printer after the downgrade!

HP Recommended

Where do you find 20150716? I keep hitting dead ends.

HP Recommended

MWest - file on my computer.  can send to you   [Personal Information Removed]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.