Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,  we want to connect the printer to the network via WI-FI. The authentication is done via radius server. Unfortunately we have no possibility to make the appropriate settings in the EWS for radius.

What possibilities do we have to connect the printer to the network via radius. Many thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

This is an older document but discusses HP Laserjet Networking http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00731218

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the answer. Unfortunately this PDF does not help me much. It refers to an HP Jetdirect Print Server. We do not need the Jetdirect Print Server because our printer ( HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdw ) must support Radius. Thanks for the effort anyway.

HP Recommended

I checked my support documentation and did not find any relevant documentation for configuring this printer to a radius server and I will freely admit I am no expert on Radius. That said, this device does support 802.1x authentication, does support Enterprise WPA2 and has the option to install CA cert which I believe should be all the blocks you need to make this happen. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

is it necessary to import the CA certificate from the radius server to the printer?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Actually, as much as I can see Radius is not a supported option for your printer (I do not have much knowledge on such in general, just considering the listed terms)

See the Security Management section of its specs (unless some other listed term may indicate the same?):

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/getpdf.aspx/4AA7-4959EEP.pdf

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello, if the printer has WPA2-Enterprise or the settings for 802.1X, it must be radius-compatible or am I getting it wrong?  ? 

HP Recommended

Hi everyone, we want to connect the printer to the network via WI-FI. The authentication is done via radius server. But, i am still getting an error!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.