Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color Laserjet MFP m281
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am unable to print any word docs on my printer. I have already uninstalled and re installed the printer, power cycled the printer. Made a new document with out any formatting and it still will not print word docs. The job is seen in the print queue but only for a split second then disapears and print does nothing. At least with other print jobs they show in the print queue and the printer actually prints them out.

PC OS in Windows 7 64Bit

Office is 2013

Printed is connected wirelessly 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi rjj9004,

Thank you for using HP product.

I understand you have performed some troubleshooting, you may want to follow the following guide:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/826845/how-to-troubleshoot-print-failures-in-word

This issue could be caused by the security settings changes on the user profile. You may either create a new user, login with the new user profile to install the printer

Or Turn off the UAC from the control panel and Restart the PC. Below is the steps how to configure UAC

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/975787/guided-help-adjust-user-account-control-settings-in-...

Hope this will help to resolve your issue.

I am a HP employee. I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

It seems the driver package for this type of printer was really not very well thought through. When printing PDFs and from applications like Notepad it works fine but when printing from Word the process the prints does not have access to the Temp folder which it needs to do the print. The programmers opted for "Silent fail" and the print just disappears even if it briefly shows up in the print queue. The easy solution is usually to give access to the Temp folder to Everyone. Please note that there may be serveral Temp folders on your machine and to check which one the easiest way is perhaps to start the Command Prompt and to type SET and then pressing enter. That gives you a line with the Temp folder listed. Right click on that folder in Explorer and grant access to "Everyone".

HP Recommended

after 30 days of thorough search online HP community forums to find a solutions for this specific problem, you advice finally worked !! Thank you so much. Until we get a new update on driver thingy, this thing works best ! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.