Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP M281fdw
Linux

From the web page HP All Supported Printer Models  I see that my new printer should work with Linux Mint. Unfortunately the scanner is not recognised.

I installed hplip v3.19.10, added my new printer in the CUPS web admin page (connected via USB cable). In a terminal window I invoked hp-setup. No scanner is detected, also no printer - by the way.

When I start a Linux scan application e.g. xsane or simple-scan, it also tells me that no scanner can be found.

I issued several terminal commands to find the cause of the problem, however, I am ultimately confused.

(1) Did anyone succeed in scanning from an HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP M281fdw in Linux eg with Simple-Scan or xsane?

(2) How should I proceed to find the cause of that problem and to solve it?

- - -
Linux Mint 19 MATE 64bit XFCE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I propose you close this forum. It is a cemetary! 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I propose you close this forum. It is a cemetary! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.