Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have just purchased a new HP Envy 4500 and cannot access many of the functions through the IP address online web interface. It keeps switching to a secure https version and then pops up asking for a name and password.

I have tried using admin / admin and many variation thereof with no luck.

Any suggestions or help on this?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Rainbow7000 you nailed it. I'm up and working properly. Thanks for your quick response to my issue.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@bdeering, Welcome to the HP Forums:)

I read about the troubles you're having when trying to connect to the EWS, and I hope to help. Normally restoring the network defaults should help clear any Administrator settings.

To restore the network defaults, try these steps from the printer:

1. Select Setup
  2. Wireless Menu
  3. Restore Defaults
  4. Yes
  5. Restart the printer and connect to the network again and try accessing the EWS again

Click the thumbs up below to say thanks for the attempts to help out!:)

Let me know what happens, good luck!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Rainbow7000 you nailed it. I'm up and working properly. Thanks for your quick response to my issue.

Cheers,

HP Recommended

@bdeering, That is AWESOME news! :LaughingTears:

I am glad to hear the issue is now resolved! Would you consider modifying which post you marked as 'Accept as Solution'? I believe 

Message 2 would be considered the solution. If you agree, please use the instructions below to make this change.

1. Go to the post you marked as the Accepted Solution

2. To the right of the subject line click on Options

3. Scroll down to 'Not the Solution' and click

4. Now you should be able to scroll to Message 2 and mark it as 'Accepted as Solution'

Have a wonderful week ahead 🙂

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I tried your method and it fails. Have you any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Further to my last post, the problem is now solved but I had to reset a lot more than you had suggested and then setup both network and EWS from scratch again, including reset of Instant Ink services. 

HP Recommended

With my new HP envy 5640, I decided to set a password. I added the password to my list, and already was surprised, that I did not see a username. Then access to all the functions in the EWS was blocked, by the pop up window asking for a username (which I did not know) and the password. After studying the HP forums (found with google), I decided to reset all nerworksettings, and prgrammed the key for the router , after which the printer was connected  to the network.  The problem wasnot resolved by the network reset. Then  I was so lucky to try "admin" as  user, and I got access. I went back  to the page where I had set the password, and saw the username " admin" , which must have been preprogrammed. It would be better if the user was forced to  define the username hiself, being standard p[ractice for almost all username/password combinations.

HP Recommended

I just need to say that I literally spent three hours working on this and just tried admin as the username for my hp envy 4500. It worked. This needs to be a standard answer somewhere, because all the resets I did, did not work at all. Thank you so much. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.