Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4501 Printer
Microsoft Windows Vista

My HP Envy 4501 Printer won't let me scan multiple pages into a single pdf document.

I already made sure that the checkbox "Create a separate file for each scanned page" is not checked under the file section in advanced settings.

After I scan the first page, I do not get a screen with a + (plus sign) that is supposed to allow you to scan additional pages into the same document.

Is there any way that I can get a fix/update for my HP Envy 4501 Printer software that would show the screen with the + (plus sign) that allows you to scan additional pages into the same document after you scanned the first page?

At this point, if I don't get this problem fixed soon, I'm about ready to return my HP Envy 4501 Printer back to the store I bought it from so I can get my money back and buy a printer from one of HP's competitors before my store warranty runs out.

I am very dissatisfied with HP's printer software, their support services and their web sight that doesn't work half of the time.

Thanks,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Reduce the scan resolution to 300 DPI or lower, scanning multiple pages is only supported on lower resolutions.

Any higher resolution will not allow adding additional pages.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please see your other post:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/How-do-I-scan-multiple-pages-into-one-pdf-d...

Thanks

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Reduce the scan resolution to 300 DPI or lower, scanning multiple pages is only supported on lower resolutions.

Any higher resolution will not allow adding additional pages.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi,

Thanks.  Your solution worked. 

In one of my early replies to Banhien I asked him if the resolution I was using (600 dpi) might be the problem.  Instead of answering that question, which turned out to be the problem, he gave me suggestions that didn't work.

I hope that HP will put your information in the help files for the printer in future updates to the printer software.

Thanks again for giving me a solution that worked.  I gave you Kudos and marked the post as an "Accepted Solution".

Thanks,

Mark

HP Recommended

Hi Mark,

Great to see you are up and running now.

Such an information is available within the online documentation at hp.com:

Scanning additional pages is supported at 300 dpi or lower.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-4501-e-All-in-One-Printer/5304875/model/5368518/document...

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry I did not notice 600dpi in your post. Well, I don't know why you need that high for pdf files but if you wish, you have to scan page-by-page and merge them together using the following software:

http://www.pdfsam.org/download/

This free product allows you to Split one big file to many small files (such as extracting chapters from a thick book) and also to Merge many pdf files to one pdf file.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Mark

HP Recommended

Dear Sir,

I am also having difficulties scanning a multiple-page document into one single PDF file.  Furthermore, ALL of the scans are being saved as JPG, BMP, or PNG files (there is no option for PDF).  Could you please provide me the steps to take to get this function to work?

I urgently need this information as I have a multi-page document that must be scanned and submitted for a job opportunity (which I desparately need).  Thank you in advance for your prompt action to this issue.

Best regards,

John J. Bottiger

HP Recommended

BTW, my PC is running Windows 10, in case you need to know the OS.  Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi!

Thanks for this solution. I'm a brand new ENVY Photo 6255 user and was tearing my hair out trying to do this. Simple solution, found nowhere in the Help materials.

Jtwink

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.