02-11-2020 02:07 PM
Hi, i got this new printer and configured it via Wifi. Problem. After some time the printer goes in standby and it disappears from my wifi network, and everytime i have to print someting i must go and press the on button again.
This is really annoying, in the admin pannel i found an option standby and disabled it but nothing changes.
Does someone have any suggestion?
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-13-2020 05:55 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.
If your printer in not in the list, turn it off and on, and then click Retry.
If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.
If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.
If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.
Try to print.
Assign manual IP address and that should fix the issue.
- Press and hold this button for about 10 seconds until the power LED blinks slowly, and release
Setting a Static IP Address
Once you know your printer’s IP address, entering it is pretty easy. Here’s what you do:
- Run your Web browser.
- In the Web browser’s address bar, type the IP address of your printer and press Enter. Assuming you entered the right address, the HP printer control panel should appear.
- Click the Networking tab.
- Under Connections, click Wireless.
- Under IP Address Configuration, click Manual IP.
- Enter the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway in the appropriate boxes.
- Click Apply.
You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
02-19-2020 04:23 PM
That hpp scan doctor is super buggy, it starts scanning printer then block and not work anymore.
Anyway i just went in the printer pannel and put the IP and the problem is solved somehow....even if sometimes the printer still goes offline then randomly comes back online.
I guess is ok.