Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
laserjet 700 m712

Hello, I have a problem with LJ700M712, error 99.09.66 (No Disk Installed).

Replace it with a another hard drive, and tried to Reinstall the Product Firmware by instructions (https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c04298099#AbT6). 

Copy the firmware upgrade file to the root directory of a USB flash drive. The firmware upgrade file has a .bdl extension.
Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port on the product control panel, and then turn the product power on.
The following message displays on the control panel: Error: 99.09.63 Incorrect Disk. Touch the OK button to continue.
Wait for the Pre-Boot menu to appear on the control-panel display, and then touch the down arrow  button to scroll to 3 Administrator. Touch the OK button to select it.
Touch the down arrow  button to scroll to 6 Manage Disk. Touch the OK button to select it.
Touch the down arrow  button to scroll to + 6 Boot Device. Touch the OK button to select it.
Touch the down arrow  button to scroll to 2 Erase / Unlock. Touch the OK button to select it.
The message Proceed with Requested Action displays. Touch the OK button to select it.
Touch the back arrow  button to return to the Pre-Boot menu home screen.
Touch the down arrow  button to scroll to 3 Administrator. Touch the OK button to select it.
Touch the down arrow  button to scroll to 1 Download. Touch the OK button to select it.
Touch the down arrow  button to scroll to 3 USB Thumbdrive. Touch the OK button to select it.
Touch the down arrow  button to scroll to the firmware upgrade file that you downloaded in step 4. Touch the OK button to select it.
Wait while the file transfers. When the transfer is complete, the message Complete displays on the screen.
Turn the product off, remove the USB flash drive, and then turn the product on. Wait for several minutes while the product initializes.

But when I turned off printer after all, and turn on, I have error message again 

I tried this with 500 Gb HDD, 1 Gb HDD, and 128 Mb SSD, and here is error 99.09.63 (Incorrect disk) in all this disk.

I get a formatter from another good printer.

Add 500Gb reinstalled disk to good formatter, and add this formatter to bad printer - get an error 99.09.63.

Add 3Gb good disk from another printer to bad formatter, and add this to bad printer - it works good.

What can I do?

Can I clone hard disk from 3Gb original to another HDD (500Gb, 1B or 128Mb SSD) by Acronis, and will it it work good?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Alex-TATSwrote:

Hi Ruslannnn,

Depending on your printer model you will have to install a particular hard disk drive or ssd.

Look for the part number of your old hard drive and order the same.

For this model you can install CF235–67901 320GB hdd or 8GB ssd (which is can't remember its part number). Anything else will just not work.

I hope this will help,

Cheers!

Hello, I found a 320Gb Hitachi HDD from some notebook (Because in printer was a Hitachi 320Gb HDD too), tried to install a firmware - same problem. Turned off/on printer without any USB Flash, found an option "Secure Erase", OK, it works a 2-3 hour. When secure erase was finished, I just installed a firmware again from USB, and it all works good!

Ok. Printer works.

I turned off printer,  changed a 320Gb with 1Gb HDD (I think I will not have any problem with memories, isn't it?), and just turned on printer. NOT install a firmware again. But it works!

Thank you for response, but now I have a printer with 1Gb HDD working good 😃

Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Ruslannnn,

Depending on your printer model you will have to install a particular hard disk drive or ssd.

For this model you can install CF235–67901 320GB hdd or 8GB ssd (which is can't remember its part number). Anything else will just not work.

I hope this will help,

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended

@Alex-TATSwrote:

Hi Ruslannnn,

I hope this will help,

Cheers!

Hello, I found a 320Gb Hitachi HDD from some notebook (Because in printer was a Hitachi 320Gb HDD too), tried to install a firmware - same problem. Turned off/on printer without any USB Flash, found an option "Secure Erase", OK, it works a 2-3 hour. When secure erase was finished, I just installed a firmware again from USB, and it all works good!

Ok. Printer works.

I turned off printer,  changed a 320Gb with 1Gb HDD (I think I will not have any problem with memories, isn't it?), and just turned on printer. NOT install a firmware again. But it works!

Thank you for response, but now I have a printer with 1Gb HDD working good 😃

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.