10-29-2019 11:08 AM
I have encountered the following problem: my HP LaserJet P1005 printer QUITE SUDDENLY stopped printing out the paper documents, printing them to the printer files instead. The HP Doctor DOESN'T RUN for some reason (so does it report: this tool is not working at your computer).
Has anyone encountered anything like that?
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-01-2019 06:34 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue.
Check if the printer is set as default. If it is not, try these steps -
To choose a default printer, select the Start button and then Settings . Go to Devices > Printers & scanners > select a printer > Manage. Then select Set as default.
Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues.
If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here for Windows 10 (64-bit).
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee