Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M225dn

My "HP LaserJet Pro MFP M225dn " printer wont start anymore.

The orange triangle is constantly on, but more concerning is that there is no error or even display error message at all. The display flickers twice, but does not show any text.

Pulling the power plug with or without toner does not mediate the situation. Changing power outlets or network cables does not help either.

Any other reset mechanisms or ideas what is going on?

Clearly, I cant connect to the printer either, neither via OSX nor Windows systems.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @joergkurtwegner

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips. 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you. 

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M225dn wherein the printer screen displays orange triangle.

This issue could occur if the printer is in error state.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.  

And here are a few steps for you in the link to update the firmware: Firmware Update Utility

You may also reset the printer to its factory defaults by following the steps provided below:

1. On the product control panel, press or touch the Setup button.

2. Open the Service menu.

3. Select the Restore Defaults option, and then press or touch the OK button. The product automatically restarts.

Note: Restoring the factory-set defaults returns all of the settings to the factory defaults, and it also deletes any pages that are stored in the memory.

Let me know how this works. 

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @joergkurtwegner

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips. 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you. 

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M225dn wherein the printer screen displays orange triangle.

This issue could occur if the printer is in error state.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.  

And here are a few steps for you in the link to update the firmware: Firmware Update Utility

You may also reset the printer to its factory defaults by following the steps provided below:

1. On the product control panel, press or touch the Setup button.

2. Open the Service menu.

3. Select the Restore Defaults option, and then press or touch the OK button. The product automatically restarts.

Note: Restoring the factory-set defaults returns all of the settings to the factory defaults, and it also deletes any pages that are stored in the memory.

Let me know how this works. 

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I needed to deinstall/reinstall the full printer driver upfront, otherwise the USB plug is not recognized, but it keeps sending the firmware update over the network connection, which does not work.

Anyhow, after that, the solution is fine.

HP Recommended

Hi @joergkurtwegner,

I understand that the issue has resolved after the factory reset.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Also, regarding the firmware update, it is recommended to install it via USB cable only.

Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

It was a pleasure assisting you. You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
Thanks, good day to you, too.

BTW, the setup button was non-responsive, so also this was not an option. Indeed, the only option was a factory reset, which was done automatically after a full driver uninstall/reinstall with the USB cable plugged in. After that the firmware update ensures being current and prevent future update hiccups (though don't know what caused the corrupt firmware in the first place, I did not trigger it before).
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.