Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet M451
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have a HP Laserjet M451 which I have set the incorrect location. How can I change this?

In addition, how do you do a full factory reset?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Excellent. That worked. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks for this. But this procedure doesn't reset the location.

I would like to make the printer do it's initial startup, i.e. ask me to set the location.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks again,

HP Recommended

Have you tried?

Performing an NVRAM initialization resets the following settings and information:
All menu settings are reset to factory default values.
All localization settings, including language and country/region, are reset.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. I've done the NVRAM reset twice now, but the location doesn't get removed.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Excellent. That worked. Thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.