Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet 1025nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP laserjet 1025nw printer, the problem am facing can't send print job over wireless network to the printer from loptop. I have installed all the available drivers on HP website for this model.

Print job successfully print only for the first time after installing and configuring printer over wireless network. Issue started when I come back after few days and try to send print job over wireless network my laptop showing Printer Status as Not Connected.

The only remedy to this problem that I know is to remove Printer from my laptop and reinstall all driver and do configuration over wireless network again.

Interesting part is when I print Test Page from Resume button on Printer control panel, Network Information section shows Status as connected and also shows the correct SSID.

I have two machines running Windows 10 with all latest updated installed, having same problems, whereas all my handheld devices mostly android phone and few apple devices successfully print over wireless network.

Can someone please help to identify the issue as it is getting really painful to remove and install printer again and again. One more thing this is happening since day 1 I bought this printer.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Shah12

Welcome to HP Support Forums.

I came across your post and would like to assist you.

I understand that your HP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw Color Printer appears to be connected to the wireless network, but does not print from your Windows computers. However, the printer prints fine from Android and Apple devices. 

Fabulous diagnostics, spectacular diagnosis of the issue. Kudos to you for that.

The evidence indicates that the printer's network connectivity is all good as it can print successfully from the Android and Apple devices on the network. 

During my research, I came across the following steps that should help us to fix this issue.

Let us download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This tool will detect and fix any issues with the printer drivers:

• Make sure your printer is turned on and connected to the computer.

• Download HP Print and Scan Doctor, and then follow the on-screen prompts to install and open the tool.

• On the Welcome screen, click Start to view a list of available printers.

• Select your printer in the list, and then click Next.

If your printer is not listed or a connection problem is detected, click My product is not listed or select your connection type, follow the on-screen instructions, and then click Retry.

Example of a list of available printers

• Click either Fix Printing or Fix Scanning.

If you are prompted to install the printer software, follow the on-screen instructions. The software can resolve many printer issues.

Example of a list of available printers

• Review the list of test results, and then resolve any issues found.

• If you see a checkmark, the printer passed the test.

• If you see a wrench, HP Print and Scan Doctor found an issue and repaired it.

• If you see an exclamation point, the test failed and required user action, but the step was skipped.

• If you see an X, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.

Example of the results screen with a problem detected

Now, you may try to print from your Windows computer. In case the problem persists then let us uninstall the printer drivers from the root level and then reinstall them by following the below steps:

• Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
  • Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
  • Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
  • Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
  • Now check for issue resolution.
  • If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
  • First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Please click here to download and install the software.

Once the installation is complete, please try to print and check. 

I genuinely hope this fixes the issue. Feel free to keep me posted.

All the best!

If you would like to thank us for the efforts to help you, feel free to mark this post as "Accept as solution". That’ll help everyone find the solution and help the community to grow.

HP Recommended

first of all extremely sorry for posting late reply to this thread. Thank you @MKazi for the compliment.

now coming to the issue, I tired HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.1, on Step 1 "Choose Your Product" it is able to search the installed product on my machine i.e HP Laser Jet CP 1025nw, when I hit next progress bar showing "Communicating with HP LaserJet 1025nw" but at the end it says "Failed to communicate with your selected product. Follow the steps below to try and resolve the problem

Power Cycle your router

Power cycle you device

wait for these devices to reach a normal state

Click retry to do a more advance search.

Click connect if you have already tried the steps above. "

Not much help from HP Print and Scan Doctor product.

The other options you mentioned in your post is the only I have to this issue which I am doing for past 1 year, which is uninstalling the Product completely and install and setup printer over wireless network again and again.

Tonight again I tried to print from my windows machine but Printer was not showing connected as usual and then I send print from my Android device which get printed as expected.

I don't understand how to keep my windows machine connected to HP wireless printer. BTW the laptop machine am using is also a HP product. 🙂 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

SSK.

HP Recommended

@Shah12,

It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service. 

After reviewing your post thoroughly, I see you are having issues while connecting your printer to the network. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions, which should help you resolve this issue.

As you have mentioned in your post that uninstalling and reinstalling the printer always get the printer connected to the network however, you seem to have this intermittently. 

In this scenario, I would suggest here is to assign a static IP address and create a TCP/IP port, which should help you resolve this issue. 

Once the printer is connected to the network, then assign a static IP to the printer:

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
  • Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
  • Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  • Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Create TCP/IP Port: 

1. Search Windows for devices, and then select "Devices and Printers" In the list of results.

2. Right-Click the name of your printer, and then select Printer Properties.

3. Click the Ports tab, click on "Add port" select "Standard TCP/IP Port" and click "New Port"

4. Click next on the Add Standard TCP/IP printer port wizard, enter the printer IP address and click next and then click on "OK".

5. Now under the "Ports" tab you will find the newport with the printer IP address, click "Apply" and "OK".

6. Restart the computer and then check.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.