Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet 200 color MFP M276
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have a Laserjet 200 color MFP M276nw with a color misalignment issue,

Scan_20200508 (2).pngScan_20200508 (3).png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Don't know if you'v done that.

Power on the printer without all 4 toner cartridges and put them back once a time when M276 asks.

Do Restore Default from touch screen and NVRAM if needed then followed I color calibration at least three 3 times.

If all above trying fail then replace magenta cartridge first to see if helps.

And replacing transfer belt will be next to try but it looks unlikely the issue. 

HP Recommended

Hello and thank you your response.  I have tried the first part of your solution and it did not help.

1. Powering on the printer without all 4 toner cartridges and putting them back one at a time when M276 prompts
  2. Performed a Restore Defaults from touch screen menu then performed a color calibration three times
  3. Cleared the NVRAM per these instructions and then performed a color calibration three times.  (With the printer off, press and hold the lower left corner of the touch screen.  Turn printer on and hold until Permanent Storage initialization is displayed.  Release and printer will continue initialization.)
  4. Printed diagnostics and supplies pages and the issue remained.  The colors were still shifted with no difference from the first set posted here.

I will try replacing the magenta toner cartridge next and update this post with the results.

HP Recommended

Hello and thank you your response.  I have tried the second part of your solution and it did not help.

1.  Obtained a set of genuine HP C131A replacement toner cartridges
  2.  Replaced the magenta cartridge only
  3.  Calibrated three times
  4.  Issue remained
  5.  Replaced the other three cartridges
  6.  Calibrated three times
  7.  Issue remained

As evidenced by a Diagnostics Page printout, the issue is same at the last step as before replacing any of the cartidges.  Alignment did not improve (or get any worse for all the colors). 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.