Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet 500 Color M551

We have problem with our HP Laserjet 500 Color M551. It has print streaks on the first few pages. After that, the streak will be completely gone. However, the streak will appear again when the printer has been idle for days then calibrate itself when a job is sent there. As usual, the streak will appear in the first few pages only.

Our HP toner cartridges are genuine and at 80%, toner collection unit is new with latest HP firmware. We have done device maintenance > cleaning, calibrate and whatever we can think of. We took the Transfer Belt, I am not sure how a good Transfer Belt should look like, but it seems like the transfer belt is in good conditions. We have even re-clean the transfer belt using safe cleaning solutions.

The problem however still persist. I attach picture of the streak (see attachment). Again, the streak is always in similar pattern, and will be completely gone after 1-3 pages print out.

IMG_9017.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Issue is the transfer belt. I would remove the belt and using the edges move the belt backwards towards your body and you will see a line of toner come out from the front of the belt. Clean that toner off using a lint free cloth and then move the belt forward and look at the bottom to see if toner appears and clean that off. You will want to do this a couple of times and hopefully when you move the belt forward you no longer get toner streaks on the edge in question. If you do, then the belt will need to be replaced.

HP Recommended

I have cleaned the transfer belt and have purchased all new toner, but still get streaking.  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Replace the transfer belt.

HP Recommended

Hi @Iauravb,

Before replacing the ITB, try and open it and clean it where it gathers the excess of toner. Try to find any weird bits inside there, because sometimes they got stuck there not letting the ITB shut close. You may clean that toner with a toner vacuum cleaner.

I hope that helps,

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.