Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M118DW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Envelopes used to print correctly on this printer. A few weeks ago I upgraded the firmware to version 44.5.2693. Since then, envelopes have been printing with the return address missing and the addressee at the very top of the envelope. This occurs when printing with MS Word or printing to a PDF and then printing the envelope from the PDF. I get the same result when printing to this printer from different PCs. Printing on letter size paper works fine.

I would like to install the previous version of the firmware. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try restoring the printer back to the original factory defaults

a. Print a configuration page to determine the IP address or host name. i. Press and hold the Resume button until the Ready light begins blinking. ii. Release the Resume button.

b. Open a web browser, and in the address line, type the IP address or host name exactly as it displays on the printer configuration page. Press the Enter key on the computer keyboard. The EWS opens.

NOTE: If the displays a message indicating that accessing the website might not be safe, select the option to continue to the website. Accessing this website will not harm the computer.

2. On the System tab, click Save and Restore in the left navigation pane.

3. In the Restore Defaults area, click the Restore defaults button

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@americanelecinc

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

Try downloading this Firmware https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/FW_CPE_Consumer/Seagull_Lite_2B/HP_LaserJet_Pro_M118_M203f...

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. Isn't that the same firmware update on the HP support site which originally caused the printer to fail?

HP Recommended

It's always recommended to have the updated Firmware. Sometimes if a Firmware doesn't install properly then it might mess up the printer internal settings. 

You could try updating the Firmware again and check since unfortunately there is no way to downgrade the Firmware

If the Firmware ahs been updated correctly, then I suggest you uninstall the printer driver from root level and reinstall the printer using the HP Easy Start which was released on July 14th 2021

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’

6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Restart the computer and download the full feature software Link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/COL96741/HPEasyStart_13_1_5.exe and follow the onscreen instructions

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good day, I followed the directions exactly and still have the same problem. This is the result of the last firmware update to the printer. Others have had the same issue. Is there a way to revert to the prior firmware? The printer is pretty much useless for my business now.

HP Recommended

Try restoring the printer back to the original factory defaults

a. Print a configuration page to determine the IP address or host name. i. Press and hold the Resume button until the Ready light begins blinking. ii. Release the Resume button.

b. Open a web browser, and in the address line, type the IP address or host name exactly as it displays on the printer configuration page. Press the Enter key on the computer keyboard. The EWS opens.

NOTE: If the displays a message indicating that accessing the website might not be safe, select the option to continue to the website. Accessing this website will not harm the computer.

2. On the System tab, click Save and Restore in the left navigation pane.

3. In the Restore Defaults area, click the Restore defaults button

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.