Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Custom Built
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer has been working fine for some years with a wi-fi connection to my BT smart hub, that was changed for a newer version yesterday. I cannot now connect. I have read the forums, followed all the instructions about re-setting and WPS set-up,, reconnecting the printer to my desktop with a usb lead to renew the systems, etc. etc. but to no avail.

Each time I try wps setup the printers fails to connect. Any fresh suggestions please?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Rob_Owen

Welcome to HP support community.

Restore factory defaults on the printer.

1. On the product control panel, press the Setup button.

2. Use the arrows buttons to select the Service menu, and then press the OK button.

3. Use the arrows buttons to select the Restore Defaults item, and then press the OK button. The product automatically restarts.

You can refer this HP document to connect the printer again to WiFi:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. I had previously found this document and worked through it several times, to no avail. I have now uninstalled all HP software, re-installed drivers and can at least print via a cable link...the wi-fi setup is still problematic, but at least I can use the printer.

HP Recommended

@Rob_Owen

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I find the HP support website VERY frustrating. Following your link and filling in details the precise version of my printer will not identify nor will its serial number...I have wasted so much time going round in circles and have not achieved anything.

HP Recommended

@Rob_Owen

Welcome to HP support community.

I am sending you a private message requesting few details. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.