Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M553
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Went to replace the black toner cartrige and it will not come out fron the device. None of the other cartriges will come out either. All genuine HP cartriges and none of them had any issue going in, it is like the printer is not disengaging them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

when you drop the toner access door down there is typically a corrisponding assembly that disengages the toner.  typically you'll see these link arms on the right or left side of the door as its dropped down.  check to make sure those link arms are connected and check to see if the toner cartridges are moving as the door is lowered.  you could maybe try running a calibration as well, i'm not exactly sure if that'd solve the issue but it might disengage the toner if it is indeed locked up.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

when you drop the toner access door down there is typically a corrisponding assembly that disengages the toner.  typically you'll see these link arms on the right or left side of the door as its dropped down.  check to make sure those link arms are connected and check to see if the toner cartridges are moving as the door is lowered.  you could maybe try running a calibration as well, i'm not exactly sure if that'd solve the issue but it might disengage the toner if it is indeed locked up.  

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I have tried running a calibration it did not help unfortunately. As far as the assemble to disengage the toner I can only locate one spring loaded peice that pops out when the door is open, I see nothing that idicates to me that something has become unattached and I can find no areas that look as though something has broken off, although I am not sure what everything should look like. The cartriges do not move at all wehn the door is lowered. one final note, when the printer is on it does recognize (electronicaly) that the door is open.

HP Recommended

Upon much further inspection I was able to find a small peice to the right of the door that comes down that had broken off fairly clean making it very difficult to identify. I was able to pry the peice int othe position enough to disengage the toner and replace the cartrige.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.