Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M680

Hello,

i start receiving fuser error on my HP M680 printer. sometimes its goes ok, but most of the time i get the error 50.7F.00.

I check all the sensors, replaced the fuser, still same error

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi Ljubisa,

Please check the below steps as per HP guidelines about your issue:

50.7X.YZ Fuser error

Fuser pressure-release mechanism failure.
Recommended action
  1. Turn the printer off, and then on.
  2. Turn the printer off. Remove the fuser. Check the connector between the fuser and the printer. Check the fuser pressure-release sensor flag. If either are damaged, replace the fuser.
      caution:
    The fuser might be hot.
    Part numbers:
    Fuser (110V)
    CC493-67911
    Fuser (220V)
    CC493-67912
  3. Check to make sure the black lever is not blocking the gear that drives the pressure-release mechanism inside the printer.
    Figure : Lever in incorrect position
    1. If it is, rotate the lever upward about 90 degrees and it should snap into a place in the chassis.
    2. If the lever has been badly mangled due to contact with the gears, it will not snap into the place and could fall down again the next time the fuser is removed. If lever is damaged, replace the paper delivery assembly.
    Part numbers:
    Assembly, paper-delivery (M651)
    RM2-0223-000CN
    Assembly, paper-delivery (M680)
    RM1-5615-000CN
  4. Use the sensor test in the Manual Sensor Test to verify that the fuser pressure-release sensor (SR7) is functioning correctly. If it is not, replace the sensor.
  5. Use the fuser pressure-release drive test in the Component Test menu to verify that the fuser motor (M2) is functioning correctly. If it is not, replace the fuser motor.
    Part number: RM1-4983-000CN
  6. Before replacing any parts, the on-site technician should check the connectors J123 (fuser motor – M2) and J128 (fuser pressure release sensor – SR7) on the DC controller PCA. Ensure both are correctly connected and securely seated.
  7. If the error persists, replace the fuser.

I hope this will help,

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. but i already check that, everything seems ok.

Yesterday the printer was working fine all day, today first reboot, start showing the same error.

HP Recommended

I will try and give some information that you can check out for.Maybe try and connect the printer to another power outlet and try not to use multi adapter plugs.It might be a power supply problem seeing that the fuser unit is connected directly onto the power supply board.You might also consider doing a firmware update to the latest version.Hope that you will solve the problem.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
HP Recommended

I upgrade the firmware and since then i didnt have that problem. its still on testing but i`ll let you know.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Just an update, after couple days it start showing the error message. usually when gets back from sleep mode.

i`ll try replace the PS board, then upper HPVS and lower board..

HP Recommended

Can you confirm that this issue appears after printer gets back from sleep mode?

Set sleep time to 1 minute (or minimum time) allow a printer to go to sleep and try printing.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

i am already trying that. sometimes works for days sometime after wakeup shows the error, and turning off and on will work.

but what i noticed today is on startup, i can see the fuser motor tries to spin and stops, and then you can hear some click noise, and will try to spin again, then click noise and stops. After boot its shows the error message.

so i replace it with a new one, and its on testing mode now

HP Recommended

Same error after 1 day. this time while was in standby i opened the main door and closed, and then the error popped up right away....

HP Recommended

Guys,

any luck on this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.